Author Topic: Sorted out the crashing but now another problem!!!  (Read 3388 times)

heartsfan

• NoBS|Administrator
  • Major

Sorted out the crashing but now another problem!!!
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:00:05 PM »
Ok I am running DX9 mode with all settings at max but I get texture and objects popping up if I run!!
Wooden boxes are the worst ...... poor texture then suddenly goes to excellent texture the closer I get!
And some objects like trees gain extra branches when I get closer!

Anyway to increase texture and object distance?

I tried putting lodBias to its max in mp_config (seta r_lodBias "-1000") but it didn't help and it resets after every map so I put in bind F12 "r_lodBias -1000" but again doesn't seem to make any difference!

Also my FPS are still all over the place, ranging from over 200 to under 100, it is like this no matter what settings I use - whether it be Low or Max.

Anyway to get it stable?

cornholio

• Sergeant

• Personal Text
    TP? TP? Anyone have TP?
Re: Sorted out the crashing but now another problem!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:19:32 PM »
Hearts as nice as DX9 looks DX7 plays so much better for CoD2. I will never go back to DX9 after playing in 7. You can see so much more in 7.

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:46:07 AM »
thats what i tell everyone.. i did the same thing.. was a noob started out playin in dx9 got owned.. changed to dx7 now i own all you noobs

Caboose

• Captain

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
i think this command makes the FPS somewhat stable : sv_framerate_smoothing 1

Wowza

• Corporal

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:24:03 PM »
Its hard to say.. I played DX7 since dx9 sucked balls... and well, after recently starting up on a new system, I do DX9 even though I only get about 60fps.. DX9 lets you see some things that DX7 supposedly doesn't (like muzzle flash, shadows, etc).

Sure, DX7 is smoother and all, but you do miss things.

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 05:59:52 PM »
Its hard to say.. I played DX7 since dx9 sucked balls... and well, after recently starting up on a new system, I do DX9 even though I only get about 60fps.. DX9 lets you see some things that DX7 supposedly doesn't (like muzzle flash, shadows, etc).

I could be wrong, but i think with dx7 you see more.

WIth dx9 you get dust, and lots of it, with dx7, you get none
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »

i beg to differ.. dx9 is unreall.. i could see like shadows and shit.. so really u can see someone before they come around the corner which could easily look like a hack if youre wathching in dx7

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »

i beg to differ.. dx9 is unreall.. i could see like shadows and shit.. so really u can see someone before they come around the corner which could easily look like a hack if youre wathching in dx7

no, you just hack bitch
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 09:31:57 PM »

no, you just hack bitch

true enough, with all my black ss lol

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 09:44:34 PM »
thats why i said it