Author Topic: Punkbuster Fix Video Tutorial  (Read 3761 times)

0day

Punkbuster Fix Video Tutorial
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »
edit2: You may have to make a second pb folder inside of the main pb folder, then go into the second folder, cut and paste those files into the main folder, then delete the second folder.. it should work after that.
edit: If you still get the punkbuster warning after, you didn't do it right.
It may take a couple of tries to get it right.
Make sure you exit out of the punkbuster processes before or after. doesn't matter.

Here's my short little, boring video tutorial  ::)

I'm new to making videos, but I tried my best.

Here it is.

(You need window's media player 11 plugin to watch)

http://www.screencast.com/t/yBUlnLksL

Not really my ordinary choice of music, but whatever.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:33:45 PM by 0day »

Baim

Re: Punkbuster Fix Video Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
good job but
you're disabling punkbuster services A & B
i don't think that is necessary
and you aren't enabling them so they won't be able to play untill A & B is turned on or their pc has been restarted !

0day

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
Actually... disabling punk buster is necessary to kill the server ip banned message, and stop the lag that makes it so you can't play at all.
Plus, when you go back into cod2, punk buster re-enables itself.

juve7

• Captain

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »
good job, thank you

+ trip

• Lieutenant

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 12:09:36 AM »
Actually... disabling punk buster is necessary to kill the server ip banned message, and stop the lag that makes it so you can't play at all.
For now that is what has to be done til someone comes up with a fix.
The UAN clan got the same problem and turned their PB off...and it works great.  I recommend that NoBS does the same.  You got to tell everyone by putting up a banner that pops up every 5 minutes or so saying that:  "You must turn PB OFF in game settings to fix server ip banned problem"  "Cheaters will be banned...no exceptions!"

So to sum it up....

All players and the server need to turn PB OFF to fix the "server_ip_banned" problem for now til their is a fix. :)

after pb is turned off or fix is made the new rotation can be put up as well... ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 12:13:51 AM by + trip »

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:28 AM »
cool, a link to what files you need would be helpful to noobs as well.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

0day

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 03:29:05 PM »
Yes Smitty.. in the opening part of the video I provided the link.

JamesXatrux

• Private

• Personal Text
    I come from Nirvana to NOBS
    • IntercambiosVirtuales
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »
Jesus... this is newest for me... i got it now and i will tell you how was it with my game

I hate stop playing with NOBS...

Thanx a lot guys.. have a nice day.
"Dios no tiene armas, yo s?, pero Dios tiene el poder, yo s?lo tengo hambre de poder"

+ trip

• Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 07:03:50 PM »
For now that is what has to be done til someone comes up with a fix.
The UAN clan got the same problem and turned their PB off...and it works great.  I recommend that NoBS does the same.  You got to tell everyone by putting up a banner that pops up every 5 minutes or so saying that:  "You must turn PB OFF in game settings to fix server ip banned problem"  "Cheaters will be banned...no exceptions!"

So to sum it up....

All players and the server need to turn PB OFF to fix the "server_ip_banned" problem for now til their is a fix. :)

after pb is turned off or fix is made the new rotation can be put up as well... ;D

Got to turn off PB for server to fill up again.  Not many people will know to download the program "punkbusted" so that won't work.  What will work is turning PB off or change server ip.  I think that pb is on to you, so changing ip would probably only work for a little while.  ::)

***Now when and if you turn off PB....... You are going to have to tell every player that joins the server (within 30 seconds) to turn their PB off in their settings and reconnect in order for things to work smooth again for them.
Server needs to turn off pb first so people can play!

After that, then the new rotation (baims)can go up that we are all waiting for... ;D

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »
Pb wont be turn off for the time being stop bitching.. if we turn off pb there's no way to ban kick hackers.. kthxbai

locked NO MORE BITCHING about this

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

damnit dirt stop being a mexicant and start being a mexiCAN

NoBS|J-Col

• Colonel

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
 /bitch