Author Topic: pb snuck one in on us?  (Read 2866 times)

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
pb snuck one in on us?
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:33:58 AM »
it appears pb snuck one in on us and didnt announce or RENAME it to show a newer file.

pbsvnew.dll - last updated 11/23/2008

So I updated the cod2 pub1 PB, lets see if it stops or helps the packet loss issue.

let me know.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

DigitalKiller

• General

Re: pb snuck one in on us?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:27:22 PM »
update the match server also plz

Baim

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:26:56 AM »
just kicked bizon for key packets so it doesn't help

Riggs

• General

• I puke @ the mouth

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 09:12:40 AM »
Does anyone know the exact reason it kicks you for key packets? Like, what happens to cause it to boot you?

Evilgenius

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 12:24:25 PM »
 means your connection is shit and losing packets :D but not really in this case cause its a bug. im sure some are legit kicks though

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »
There are certain packets transferred from your computer to PB's servers and back again, usually packets that certain hacks once disabled to make them unrecognizable to PB. However, those packets are very common packets, and when PB detects loss, whether due to a hack or due to a simple connection fart, it kicks you. It was a feature put in sometime over a year ago due to the multitude of hacks that were bypassing PB just by disabling certain packets being sent.

+ trip

• Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
I was getting packetloss kicks a lot lately and looked everywhere on the net for a solution.  I figure it must be punkbuster because my pnkbstrB.exe was taking a lot of cpu power in a spike-like manner while in game.  Which i think was causing my packetloss and lag spikes. 

So what you got to do is update your punkbuster.  The easy way is with PBsetup. DL PBSetup Here ----> http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

May got to update server side like Smitty said.  Here is a link for info and files for that. http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-cod2.php

Hope this helps  :)

+ trip

• Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »
I was getting packetloss kicks a lot lately and looked everywhere on the net for a solution.  I figure it must be punkbuster because my pnkbstrB.exe was taking a lot of cpu power in a spike-like manner while in game.  Which i think was causing my packetloss and lag spikes. 

So what you got to do is update your punkbuster.  The easy way is with PBsetup. DL PBSetup Here ----> http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

May got to update server side like Smitty said.  Here is a link for info and files for that. http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-cod2.php

Hope this helps  :)

Well it was working after i did the above yesterday.  Just played game and got a packetloss and ping spikes.  So the above may not help everyone.  :P
might be something else? ???

Baim

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
no it doesn't, know what helps ?
uninstall !