Author Topic: server lag  (Read 843 times)

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
server lag
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:35:35 PM »
Yeah, Virauge gave me the idea of running tracert via batch file every 20sec or so. So I'm ganna leave that running for a few hours today using the >> operator to write the results to a logfile. Hopefully I can catch the cause there ;)

Edit: Didn't take long, think I already found the cause... Cognet...

Code: [Select]
  9   212 ms   211 ms   215 ms  154.54.6.121 (te7-4.ccr01.atl01.atlas.cogentco.com)
 10   132 ms   121 ms    48 ms  154.54.7.210 (te3-4.ccr02.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com)

Those 2 connections seem to lag like that, from a normal ~50ms, every 5-10 minutes or so.

That IP is also the same that runt got from his batch traceroutes, I called them tonight, left a VM.  They usually work fast. Im also going inquire about dropping cognet and going with another network.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
Re: server lag
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:01:58 AM »
well, the biggest one for me was hop 11, but yeah, same ip range that was giving me hell too. If they can't pinpoint the problem, then a good network switch should take care of it.

#Madmik3

• General

• UseLess Poster/ Fail

Re: server lag
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »
Jesus christ cognet. Get good.... i found the reason now then.