Author Topic: New Rotation (Will continue to work on)  (Read 39184 times)

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
Re: New Rotation (Will continue to work on)
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »
what do you need help with runt?

there are many admin here willing to help, if asked. I think evil might be a good addition to the server admin ranks.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »
There's not a whole lot that I haven't already began on that someone can do.

However, if someone wants to use their good judgement and go searching for things like weapons sounds, flag capturing sounds, bomb sounds, etc for the mod, that'd save me some time and effort.

Otherwise, I'm already halfway done with the weapon mod, and have just touched the music for round's end, so those two I'll go ahead and finish myself.

Also, I've thought about promoting Evil, as he's providing us with a fast, reliable redirect, offers some good website skills, and could overall help us out as far as RCON and modding goes. I'll talk to him at some point soon to discuss the possibility with him.

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:31 AM »
Full weapon mod, mostly balance between SMGs. Examples would be Thomson rounds increased to 30, but damage, accuracy, and rate of fire slightly decreased for balance. MP40 damage and accuracy increased to compliment its already low rate of fire. Things like this that make sides more balanced and, I believe, more fun to play with.

like hell....

again....like hell...changing weapons like that can really change game play. you never asked anyone about this...

Quote from: smitty1258
i was expecting more white sauce i guess

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2008, 08:52:19 AM »
thompson 30 is bad news.... u see me now with 20? 30 would be rapage.... you will all quit cod2 permanently

btw, doesnt xtreme have 30 by default?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:54:59 AM by werth »

Riggs

• General

• I puke @ the mouth

« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
thompson 30 is bad news.... u see me now with 20? 30 would be rapage.... you will all quit cod2 permanently

btw, doesnt xtreme have 30 by default?

give me those extra 10 shots, and i'll put you in your place werth

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
as stated previously, the weapon mod was never talked about or voted on via these members. Im not sure what makes ya think the weapons need changed, Im all ears however.

Sound mods are easy to find. Ill get those links to ya tonight.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

Evilgenius

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
yes extreme is default 30 round clip.

btw thanks for thinking of me for server admin. I would be glad to help anyway i can but at the moment i just dont have
time to take that title and really do a good job at it cause im trin to get my other site up and runnin for redirects and such.

But dont get me wrong if i can do anything to help i will. I just dont have the extra time I would want to have for the job.

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2008, 01:42:24 PM »
yes extreme is default 30 round clip.

btw thanks for thinking of me for server admin. I would be glad to help anyway i can but at the moment i just dont have
time to take that title and really do a good job at it cause im trin to get my other site up and runnin for redirects and such.

But dont get me wrong if i can do anything to help i will. I just dont have the extra time I would want to have for the job.

plus who on their right judgement would give u any kind of power??  :P

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

damnit dirt stop being a mexicant and start being a mexiCAN

+ trip

• Lieutenant

« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2008, 02:09:10 PM »
I am most likely going to add Sconseville as CTF or CTFB this time around.

I'll look into the other 2 maps as possibilities next time I edit the rotation, probably sometime in early November.

Like I said, trippy, editing the rotation this weekend, just to please you :D

Thanks Runt....don't know what we do without ya.  Without you nothing would ever get done.  ;D  Runt saves the server by making changes frequently(every 2 weeks) to keep it fun!
I would make Sconseville CTFB instead of CTF due to the size.  Otherwise you have to startover if you lose flag.  Can't wait for this map to be added this weekend! ;D ty

Full weapon mod, mostly balance between SMGs. Examples would be Thomson rounds increased to 30, but damage, accuracy, and rate of fire slightly decreased for balance. MP40 damage and accuracy increased to compliment its already low rate of fire. Things like this that make sides more balanced and, I believe, more fun to play with.

like hell....

again....like hell...changing weapons like that can really change game play. you never asked anyone about this...
I like the suggestion to balance the weapons.  The Thompson is just too strong of a weapon and dominates.  Plus most players use it for that reason.  Balancing the weapons a bit will get others to use other weapons for a change.
I personally like the mp40 and it seams a little weak.  Also the rate of fire for MP44 is a little slow as well.

IMO I would increase walking speed slightly overall.  I like the speed i get when i got the pistol.  (this would be great since most other Nobs members don't want limited sprinting on as i mentioned before.) I like limited sprinting but o well.  :P

Someone get the headshot sound to work plz. :)  Do you get 2 points for headshots like on some other servers?....just wondering.

Can't wait for the changes!

+  trip  :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:13:10 PM by + trip »

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »
The 30 round thompson was just an idea, not one of the basic things that was already set in stone. Seeing how most people don't like that idea, I won't go through with it.

However, the other mods that I'm doing to the weapons are not incredibly noticable. Rate of fire changed from 1.2 to 1.0 on a couple weapons, for example. Accuracy modifiers increased to make the weapon a little bit more accurate, shit like that. I'm trying not to make it seem like the weapons are nothing like stock. I'm just trying to balance things a bit, that way anytime one weapon faces another, it's more on skill and not on who has the better weapon. Like trip already has experienced, the MP40 is weak, I am slightly increasing the damage and accuracy to make it more potent to make up for its slow rate of fire, and the MP44 has a slightly increased rate of fire. I understand I never went over this with anyone, however I was not going to put it on the pub without first putting it on the test server and letting people test it for a while and give me feedback as to whether or not it should be put on the pub. Sorry I didn't make those intentions clearer.

And yes, I am modifying the runspeed VERY slightly on a few weapons.

No idea why the headshot sound isn't working and no, you only get 1 point per kill. There's no excess modifiers there.

carrot

• Captain

• Personal Text
    LOL NOOB!
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2008, 10:36:58 PM »
If you're going for a bit of realism on weapons please make PPSH the inaccurate piece of crap that it really was.
And the thompson is seems for some reason more deadly than on other servers.. or maybe it's just my idea.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:08:08 PM by carrot »
Book of Armaments, Chapter two verses 9 through 21.

.. and Saint Attila raise the hand grenade up on high saying,
"Lord bless this thy holy hand grenade, that with it thou may blow thine enemies to tiny bits... in thy mercy."
and the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carps and anchovies and orangutangs and breakfast cereals and fruit bats ..
and the lord spake saying, "First shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number of the count, and the number thou shalt count shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number reached, then lobbest thou thy hand grenade towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Amen.

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2008, 11:17:20 PM »
Oh no worries, I've looked up plenty of stats on the PPSH, and I know exactly what to do with it.

It was inaccurate as hell, had horrible recoil, and it took a few bullets to kill someone.

I won't go to that extreme, but It'll be a little more balanced.

+ trip

• Lieutenant

« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »
When the changes are made let us know here. :)

Also please post the new rotation here or at least state all the changes that were made. ty

Keep up the good work!  ;D

+  trip

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
I was planning on it trip. I'll probably begin work on the rotation tonight on my own comp, and finish up way late tomorrow night. I'll post the new rotation with the changes I made here, just like I did the first time.

runt9

• Captain

• Personal Text
    Kill or be Killed
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2008, 04:10:47 AM »
I ended up spending most of the night at my bro's apt, playing games, benchmarking, etc, so I just got home about 15 minutes ago. I've got about 45 minutes before I need to get to bed. Obviously I won't be able to do all of what I want to do, but I'll do as much as I can tonight.

Edit: Euh... Nevermind... The entire CoD 2 server is shut off right now. I need FTP access to do the update, which I don't currently have.

I guess I'll just have to finish it up next time I've got some spare time...

So much for plans....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:24:24 AM by runt9 »