Author Topic: No dedicated servers for MW2  (Read 23923 times)

Veni Vidi Vici

• Sergeant

No dedicated servers for MW2
« on: October 17, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »
Well guys, I found this and I personally think it's horrible news.  I would highly recommend you listen to the whole thing but fourzerotwo from IW calls in and talks about the PC details at around 1:38 or so.  Right now, I'm honestly really really worried about this game.  I think the only good news besides no delay, is that PB is gone and now they will use VAC.

He doesn't know if there will be any way for the community to mod it or support the game later on and he doesn't say what the limit of players is going to be.  There's a ton of stuff they talk about and most of it I'm very worried about.

Anyways....here's the link:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2369799

Evilgenius

Re: No dedicated servers for MW2
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
i see nuthin but a manycam thing
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:18:13 PM by Evilgenius »

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I wont be buying cod6..

if this bs is real that is :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:23:04 PM by smitty1258 »
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

Veni Vidi Vici

• Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »
It has a little screen that shows that ManyCam ad but on my computer it starts the recorded chat they had.  It's only audio.  I'm not sure why it's not working for you.  Maybe try pushing the play button or skipping ahead a little and pressing play.  Not sure.  Let me know if others are having the same problem.

Veni Vidi Vici

• Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:25:06 PM »
http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I wont be buying cod6..

if this bs is real that is :)

There you go.  That's the same podcast that I had linked only from a different website. 

This definitely has me rethinking this game.  The was THE game that I was looking forward to but now it has me so worried about what they are doing to it that I'm not sure I want it.  Especially since they charge more for the game.

It feels like they just castrated the PC.

Evilgenius

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 09:09:14 PM »
oh sound only lol

works when i turn sound on lol

Veni Vidi Vici

• Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 09:19:24 PM »
Basically, this means:

Limited number of players.  Similar to consoles.

No mods

Poor clan support

Affects matches, scrims, etc.

Poor online performance due to local hosting.

Possible monthly fees to play online.  They mention that possibility.

Paying for all the DLC- no more free maps

No custom maps at all.

Game Server Providers are going to lose a TON of money

I'm sure I'm missing a lot here.  I'm still in shock.  This fuckin sucks.  I had just preordered the game TODAY!  Tomorrow I'm getting a refund.

Knott

• Major

• Personal Text
    It's my party hat, I like to party!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 10:16:06 PM »
lol wow, fuck you mw2 thats fuckin terrible. i cannot belive they are selling out what a bunch of cock suckin faggots, now its gonna be a fuckin lag fest, hack fest, bullshit fest. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 -15 fucking DOUCHESSSSSSS

vonDuTch

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    No Bullshit Clan

Veni Vidi Vici

• Sergeant

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107652&sid=493e4913cac2979c521877de101050f5

they is stil no confirmation yet!!

I think the mods on the forum deleting all the threads about it, thats confirmation enough. lol

Lol...yup...that confirmed it for me.  They are deleting everything on the forum.  All of the petitions keep getting deleted too...at least that's what the posters there are saying.

If people keep up with the shit storms, I think IW might rethink their strategy and perhaps offer dedi's later on in a patch or something.  Then again, I'm sure IW has invested a ton of money into this IWNET system and I don't think they're going to just drop it.

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
    • Facebook Profile:)
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 12:03:27 PM »
So many threads are getting deleted.  It's crazy.  I agree with Smitty about petitions; they won't do diddly squat.

We need to wait for official confirmation.  It's all spec now :(

Vlad - "Evil, you're in my way."
Evil - "I was camping here first."

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 06:06:11 PM »
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107652&sid=493e4913cac2979c521877de101050f5

I think the mods on the forum deleting all the threads about it, thats confirmation enough. lol

Lol...yup...that confirmed it for me.  They are deleting everything on the forum.  All of the petitions keep getting deleted too...at least that's what the posters there are saying.

If people keep up with the shit storms, I think IW might rethink their strategy and perhaps offer dedi's later on in a patch or something.  Then again, I'm sure IW has invested a ton of money into this IWNET system and I don't think they're going to just drop it.

All that extra money they "invested" would be coming from that extra $10 price tag on the game, to support there servers. Dont be surprised one bit if a monthly fee comes along somewhere, as well as $$ for DLC.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
    • Facebook Profile:)
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

All that extra money they "invested" would be coming from that extra $10 price tag on the game, to support there servers. Dont be surprised one bit if a monthly fee comes along somewhere, as well as $$ for DLC.

That's extreme.  Come on.  There will be no monthly fee.  Steam doesn't even have a yearly fee.  There will be no fee.  DLC.....maybe. 

I know DLC for xbox is usually pushed for a fee by Microsoft, NOT the developer, etc.

IWnet shouldn't be all that bad.  I know there will be little-no modding, maps, etc.  But it's shouldn't be that bad.

We have NO IDEA how good or bad it will be until we get our hands on it.  period.

Vlad - "Evil, you're in my way."
Evil - "I was camping here first."