Author Topic: FEAR Multiplayer  (Read 3476 times)

DriveRaider

• Colonel

FEAR Multiplayer
« on: March 30, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »
Doesnt FEAR have a free multiplayer game? Have any of you guys tried it and is it any good?

NoBS|Thirsty

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Stare into my Eyes!!!!

• Personal Text
    GET IN THE FUCKIN SERVER NOOB!!!
Re: FEAR Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 05:48:16 PM »
I just came across a fear game that ive had for about 2 years unopened in the box. I Just installed it and played it for an hour or so, seemed ok but not the type i can see someone playing alot of....

mayu0203

• Private

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »
F.E.A.R.'s multiplayer component includes mainstay gameplay modes, such as deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, and last man standing.[14] "Control" and "Conquer All" gametypes were later added through a patch. Some gametypes in F.E.A.R.'s multiplayer use the "reflex time" effect: SlowMo deathmatch, SlowMo team deathmatch, and SlowMo capture the flag. Only one player can use/carry the reflex power-up; when fully charged they can activate it and give themselves (and the rest of their team if applicable) a speed advantage over opposing players. However, the one carrying the power-up will have a bluish glow, and they will show up on a foe's HUD.
On August 17, 2006, F.E.A.R.'s multiplayer component was retitled F.E.A.R. Combat and made available for free download.Downloaders of F.E.A.R. Combat and owners of F.E.A.R.'s retail edition may play together online. The PC version of the game uses the PunkBuster program to prevent cheating. However, in December 2007, Even Balance discontinued PunkBuster support for F.E.A.R. in favor of the second expansion, F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate.[17] While PunkBuster-enabled servers will still check for and protect against known cheats, the program will no longer automatically update. Because of this, many players with an outdated version of PunkBuster are unable to play in PunkBuster-enabled servers without being automatically kicked from the game.[18] However, this can be fixed by disabling PunkBuster security with an in-game command, or by downloading the latest PunkBuster files from a third-party source.
____________________________________________________________________________________________
wonen Duitsland en Belgie
REAL ESTATE MILLIONAIRE

Silent_Slayer

• Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »
Doesnt FEAR have a free multiplayer game? Have any of you guys tried it and is it any good?
Yea