Author Topic: PB lag?  (Read 5413 times)

Knott

• Major

• Personal Text
    It's my party hat, I like to party!
PB lag?
« on: October 19, 2009, 01:10:40 PM »
I know im not the only one with this problem. I made a vid with fraps, compressed to mpg, then youtube destroyed it.... but watch the spikes. I made a bigger longer one for dirt so he can see.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi972K196H8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi972K196H8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTXJurBavk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTXJurBavk</a>

lol btw bunch of baddies im spec on
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:58:13 PM by Knott »

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
Re: PB lag?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 01:12:41 PM »
looks like its the server to me cus happened to the other guys aswell.. funny thing is that u dont see the spike in the lagometer which is weird.. even on pb lag u should see he spikes.. does it happens on other servers?

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

damnit dirt stop being a mexicant and start being a mexiCAN

Knott

• Major

• Personal Text
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »
rofl are you blind? the spikes are huge, and its not the server, its every single server i play on that has PB enabled.

First minute of any server that I join, I get lag spikes every 2 seconds. Its consistent for about a minute, then smooths out but as time progresses lag comes and goes. This is only happening on servers with PB enabled. I joined a server without PB it was flawless.

#Madmik3

• General

• UseLess Poster/ Fail

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
We are on the same boat then my friend. This thing drived me out of cod4 so if anyone has a fix please tell it

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 05:06:39 PM »
I know the, STOP HACKING!

or you could just add another reason to the list of why PB sucks ass
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

Evilgenius

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
mine only does it on the fps part not the ping.. spikes every 2 seconds for about a minute  both cod2 and cod4 do the exact same thing

is that my hacks messing with it lol

seen some info about settings the game to use one core of your cpu

also seen if you are on wireless might be scanning for new networks... not likely seeing it stops after a minute.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:54:44 PM by Evilgenius »

Evilgenius

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »
i sent them a support ticket lol

dont think it will get to much attention though :D

lag spikes every 2 seconds for about a minute when i join a server.... any server with pb enabled.

In cod2 and cod4 do the exact same thing. I am not the only one that this happens to. Hundreds of people experience the same exact problem.

Some people it even happens to longer when they join a server. We know for a fact it is pb causing it. How? Because if you disable pb on the server then it stops.

So when are you goin to address this issue because i am sure i am not the only complaint.

Alot of people had no problem until they updated pb a while back.

You are in business because we buy games. We basically pay for your service. Service is horrible. And to be honest I am totally sick of punkbuster. Maybe thats why the new CODmw2 wont have pb but vac. If i am correct. Seriously fix this piece of crap you call a service.

NoBS|Thirsty

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Stare into my Eyes!!!!

• Personal Text
    GET IN THE FUCKIN SERVER NOOB!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 06:31:02 PM »
I dont get the lagg. Getgood nubs, get a new computer.................... :P

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 06:46:23 PM »
i sent them a support ticket lol

dont think it will get to much attention though :D

lag spikes every 2 seconds for about a minute when i join a server.... any server with pb enabled.

In cod2 and cod4 do the exact same thing. I am not the only one that this happens to. Hundreds of people experience the same exact problem.

Some people it even happens to longer when they join a server. We know for a fact it is pb causing it. How? Because if you disable pb on the server then it stops.

So when are you goin to address this issue because i am sure i am not the only complaint.

Alot of people had no problem until they updated pb a while back.

You are in business because we buy games. We basically pay for your service. Service is horrible. And to be honest I am totally sick of punkbuster. Maybe thats why the new CODmw2 wont have pb but vac. If i am correct. Seriously fix this piece of crap you call a service.

ROFL now u kno why they wont answer it lol "fix this peace of crap " lol

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

Knott

• Major

• Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 08:56:55 PM »
its got nothin to do with hardware fucks.... i changed every peice of hardware except psu and its the same for both cod2 and cod4 its PB. and I think your right about the dual core thing evil i read something about that too

vonDuTch

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    No Bullshit Clan
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 11:29:57 AM »
same here, no lag at all, only on crappy servers, i only get some lag when servers have r_drawdecals set to 1, cus i have it of, you get a little lag and pb kicks you after...

Evilgenius

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »
its actually pnkbstrb.exe causing it.

i tried running in win 95 mode as well as everyother.  even made the pnkbstrb.exe and pnkbstra.exe run in those modes also...

got more kicks than anything.

tried to set to one core... nuthin

the pnkbstrb.exe and pnkbstra.exe wont allow you to change to just one core.

it is for a fact pnkbstrb.exe causing it. if you tab out and watch taskmanager and sort by cpu usage everytime it spikes pnkbstrb.exe goes up in cpu usage anywhere from 10%-70% for me.

I am on wireless but i tested on my sons which is wired and his does the exact same thing.

different hardware
different A/V
different connection

will keep looking

Knott

• Major

• Personal Text
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 01:12:06 PM »
wow and i was sittin there yesterday makin those vids and thought about lookin at the pb services and didnt bother but yah no doubt thats definately the cause, now PB just needs to get off their fat asses and do something about it.

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 06:13:18 PM »
wow and i was sittin there yesterday makin those vids and thought about lookin at the pb services and didnt bother but yah no doubt thats definately the cause, now PB just needs to get off their fat asses and do something about it.

lol doubtfll