Author Topic: Need some advice/help debugging laggy computer!  (Read 2605 times)

Your Mom

• Lieutenant

Need some advice/help debugging laggy computer!
« on: May 23, 2010, 01:08:56 PM »
Whassup NoBS!?

So, I've been having serious problems with lag lately (on my computer) and I can't seem to pinpoint the source.

It's not the typical connection latency problems. I suspect it's sound related, but I've reinstalled all the drivers and even reinstalled the game.
I've also tried experimenting with the different snd providers available within the sound options, and reducing the quality 22KHz, etc.
no improvements. :'(

It always seems to lag at the worst moment... like right when you're about to get bashed.... or bash someone else...
Specs:
Smitty's Core2 Duo 3750
2GB Ram
GeForce 8800GTX
all at stock, no o'clocking

XP Pro w only 37 processes running.

Any ideas as far as debugging?

Thanks!

Rasparthe

• General

Re: Need some advice/help debugging laggy computer!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 04:51:08 PM »
If it is only happening on games then I would say its a video card problem, maybe even video card drivers (perhaps you recently updated them?)  but if you are having the same problem during other things that suddenly eat up CPU space then probably your RAM.  You can always run Memtest 86 to rule out the RAM it doesn't take that long.  Any chance you throw a different video card in and see if the problem remains?