Author Topic: Left 4 Dead - Competitive?  (Read 5264 times)

Thanatology

• Lieutenant

• Personal Text
    Just another.
    • InMyth.com
Left 4 Dead - Competitive?
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:53:16 PM »
Howdy fellas, after selling my CoD4 I've picked up L4D on the cheap and have begun playing it to much enjoyment. Be sure to snag the zombie spectacle if you can, the new maps are a good boost alongside a growing collection of user-driven content on private servers.

If any of you guys are into the game at all, I know most are against the "silly 4 person games", please get in touch with me and we'll see if its worth our time to explore further "team building". Competitive play is still evolving and only adopted by TWL and a few other small parties at present, so no large commitment. If you're good and enjoy a nice throw-down resulting in massive RAGE-quits, get in touch.

Steam: Thanatology
AIM: Treslo Kresha
E-mail: smith.mattl@gmail.com

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
Re: Left 4 Dead - Competitive?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:52:43 PM »
Holy crap its thana!!

i heard the game its good but never heard anything about competitive gaming.. how does taht work?.. 4 ppl killing zombies and team who gets the biggest score wins?

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

damnit dirt stop being a mexicant and start being a mexiCAN

Thanatology

• Lieutenant

• Personal Text
    Just another.
    • InMyth.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:50:34 PM »
http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=617&threadid=432045

Rules and what-have-you. Donno, with how many flukes to the game there are - I wonder at how well it'd be played in competition. Just reading over the post. 

#Madmik3

• General

• UseLess Poster/ Fail

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 06:06:29 AM »
Is it Survivors vs Infected and the team wins who gets more points?

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:19 AM »
i had left for dead for around 2 weeks it got really really boring cause theres nothing really to do, i beat the game online like 4 times.  Left 4 dead really doesn't have anything interesting yet.

Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius wonders what vlad mom does for work and wonders if she might need a t-shirt :P

Thanatology

• Lieutenant

• Personal Text
    Just another.
    • InMyth.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:17:22 PM »
Campaign List:
-No Mercy
-Blood Harvest

A match will consist of playing through one full campaign as both survivors and infected.

How You Win

The winner is the team with the highest score at the end of the campaign (after both teams have played all 5 maps as both survivors and infected). If the scores are tied at the end of the campaign, the teams restart the same campaign playing one map at a time (as both Survivor and Infected) until one team has a higher score than the other, at which point the higher scoring team wins.

Whew, donno - one "campaign" lasts a long time depending upon the skill of the teams involved. Wager 1.5 hrs/match. Quite an investment.

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:44:52 PM »
I dunno doesnt sound fun for me playing the same campaing over and over in a competition..after awhile would feel kinda boring

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »
that's why i quit i beat the game 4 times on the hardest mode and it gets really boring after that, not to mention the ending lv is boring because all you do is fight off the zombie horde and then an army vehicle comes and takes you away and that's it.  It's really that exciting anymore

Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius wonders what vlad mom does for work and wonders if she might need a t-shirt :P

Thanatology

• Lieutenant

• Personal Text
    Just another.
    • InMyth.com
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »
To each their own - good teams, solid strategy, and comical vent = a blast.

Computer games are the pits, worlds too easy.

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 12:56:18 AM »
I think i'll try.. it maybe fun.. but come back some weeks later and told me if u still are as interested in the game as u are tight now  :P

Thanatology

• Lieutenant

• Personal Text
    Just another.
    • InMyth.com
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 04:41:47 PM »
I've played the game for two months.  I'm more interested in more detailed play only now with the close of my undergrad career.

Drake

• Private

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 10:49:18 AM »
Well, the game itself is interesting in the first days you play it, finding out what happens in what map , then once you get done with coop, the versus mode keeps it a bit interesting for a few more days and that's all, too monotone and not that challenging. I hope they make a really better version soon
"Show no mercy. Kill them all!" - Medieval II English king

MagicOPromotion

• Private

Left 4 Dead Competitive
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 06:17:26 PM »
When this gets an EU release I think Ill be picking it up. When playing with mature players Counter Strike: Source is a very enjoyable game, no-one flames you for lack of skill. I mean I cant play counter strike worth shit but I still play it because its fun.

Left 4 dead should be entertaining if its like counter strike
_______
=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

Sabahi

• Private

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 04:53:18 AM »
left 4 dead 1 =fail
left 4 dead 2 is coming out already, we basically beta tested l4d1 and payed $50 to do so = fail

mayu0203

• Private

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 01:33:53 AM »
The game is experienced through four campaigns that take place in various urban and rural locales. Multiple visual in-game hints?including license plates, park signs, and markings on airport equipment?imply that these locations are in Pennsylvania, and similarly a memorial wall giving names of those who have died in the infection (actually names of the game's development team) along with their dates of birth and death suggests that the game takes place in October 2009. Each campaign is divided into five chapters marked by safe rooms, which are checkpoints where players can heal, re-arm and revive characters who were killed. Specifically, the four campaigns are: "No Mercy", an urban setting culminating in a hospital skyscraper; "Death Toll", a small-town and countryside setting; "Dead Air", an airport setting; and "Blood Harvest", a woodland and farm setting. The levels are essentially linear, with distinct beginnings and ends, but there are a number of alternate routes to follow with more supplies, helping to create a sense of non-linearity. In the final chapter of each campaign, the players must defend a position from an onslaught of infected until rescue arrives. Each campaign typically lasts between 35 and 75 minutes depending on the difficulty level. The Windows and Xbox 360 versions of the game both contain achievements.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:54:50 AM by DirtOne »