Author Topic: Help me.  (Read 6281 times)

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
Help me.
« on: May 15, 2009, 05:51:54 PM »
Ok here's the problem when i run COD4 from my desktop it lets me play of both of my files that i have on there, but when i try to join a game through xfire for cod4 it opens up a separate cod4 game and that one has a lv 1 file on it.  I have no idea how to fix.  I want it so when i join a game through xfire it lets me play off the files i have on my desktop version.  I tried un-installing cod4 and every file related and i re-installed it and i'm still having the same problem can anyone help me??

Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius wonders what vlad mom does for work and wonders if she might need a t-shirt :P

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
Re: Help me.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:58 AM »
Anyone?? lol

* Evilgenius wonders what vlad mom does for work and wonders if she might need a t-shirt :P

vonDuTch

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    No Bullshit Clan
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
isnt it possible that the servers you tried to connect to where modded!!

and why dont you use something like HLSW or the all seeying eye for your cod4 servers!!

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »
I tried joining our servers through xfier and it gave me the lv 1 account

Evilgenius

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
try joining our server through the nobs toolbar :P

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 12:45:38 PM »
same problem

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:48 PM »
Seems to me like he has 2 cod 4 installations.. maybe i dunno

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

damnit dirt stop being a mexicant and start being a mexiCAN

vonDuTch

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    No Bullshit Clan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »
thats almost impossible, i tried it ones to install another cod4 on a different drive but it will automatticly ask for the old 1 to be uninstalled.
maybe try to reinstall xfire.

fuzion

• Private

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 03:13:23 PM »

Click the game, check manual setup, and change the path to the one you want.

coolboy

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
The problem seems to be that you have two accounts in your cod4 and when you start it with xfire or what ever its not picking up the account you want to use. It will not start using your one untill you delete the newest one in your cod4 folder and putting the one you want to use in its place.
A new account would be made when you reinstall and start up your cod4 from desktop it asks you for a new user name when done this go into your profile in cod4 folder and over write the files in there with the ones you want to use.

Make sure where you are putting your user files, Make sure you have them in the right folder as this could be give you a lvl one account
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 08:24:22 PM by coolboy »

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »
thats almost impossible, i tried it ones to install another cod4 on a different drive but it will automatticly ask for the old 1 to be uninstalled.
maybe try to reinstall xfire.

I tried un-installing xfire and still same problem

Click the game, check manual setup, and change the path to the one you want.

this is what comes up when i try to change the target point

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
The problem seems to be that you have two accounts in your cod4 and when you start it with xfire or what ever its not picking up the account you want to use. It will not start using your one untill you delete the newest one in your cod4 folder and putting the one you want to use in its place.
A new account would be made when you reinstall and start up your cod4 from desktop it asks you for a new user name when done this go into your profile in cod4 folder and over write the files in there with the ones you want to use.

Make sure where you are putting your user files, Make sure you have them in the right folder as this could be give you a lvl one account

And i think i know what you mean.  Your saying since i got 2 cod4 files on my desktop xfire can't decide which file to choose and it ends up giving me a lv 1 file?  So pretty much i have to delete one of my files for xfire to pick up my lv 55 one?

vonDuTch

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    No Bullshit Clan
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
you can also backup your profiel, and uninstall cod4, then totally remove everything thats cod4 related on your comp, then reinstall cod4!!

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
yeah that's what i did i saved my profile file on a USB.  Let me get this straight i have to remove my other file for xfire to allow me to play on my lv55 right?

Vlad

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Facebook =D
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 12:38:48 AM »
Can anyone answer my question? =P
"Let me get this straight i have to remove my other file for xfire to allow me to play on my lv55 right?"