Tutorials

Author Topic: How to download using Torrents!  (Read 27853 times)

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
How to download using Torrents!
« on: July 18, 2007, 07:09:38 AM »
Most of us would have a broadband connection at home or office. But many of us don
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:29:14 PM by ShadowGunner »
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »
just a quick note.. in regards to point 6. with many torrents there are separate files, so if one of the files is done but the entire torrent isnt, you can still view it. this is good for torrents with .nfo's.. also many movie torrents will include a sample... set the files you want to high priority to d/l them first... or you can even check off only certain files you want.

also, to further what smitty said about not condoning torrents, it's really irrelevant as many torrents are perfectly legal. we dont, though, support the use and distribution of ILLEGAL torrents.

as for clients, tried most of them... i use utorrent now simply because i find its really small and doesnt use alot of resources.. very quick too.. bitcomet was nice, but i dont like the new version. I had azureus for a while (2.x) but found because its java tends to slow up your comp.

my fav site ever was suprnova.org  :(  :x

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:02:23 PM »
bump for noobs
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 12:11:06 PM »
utorrent is by far the best program

Quote from: smitty1258
i was expecting more white sauce i guess

ltbroman

• Corporal

Re: How to download using Torrents!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »
suckaaaaas

aladouche

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 01:42:51 PM »
i use utorrent as well... takes up barely any processing speed.

oh and smitty, you can support bittorrent, just don't support illegal downloading.  there are millions of legal things you can download using bittorrent.

btw i think i have demonoid invites if any NoBS want one

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »
yea i got invites too

kevlar

• Captain

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 02:43:07 AM »
OOooo yea hook me up with one of these bad boy invites if u guys would hit me up at kevlar21@mail.com

Slippy

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 05:52:22 PM »
I would like a demonoid  invite please slippy73 AT gmail dot come

Also scenemachine.org is a good torrent site I think its invite only now not sure if I have any invites or not havent checked that yet.

there is also isohunt.com , http://www.extratorrent.com and warezzHQ.com and of course there is the adult torrent sites but i dont go there :P

heartsfan

• NoBS|Administrator
  • Major

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 04:35:22 PM »
I had demonoid invites too but as of the other day it is offline ..... rumour has it that it has been forced offline by CRIA ...... damn Canada!!!!

werth

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• Personal Text
    fuck WoW!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:53:25 PM »
lol dude def not by canada... canada is like the prime place to be to pirate... it still works here!

heartsfan

• NoBS|Administrator
  • Major

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »
Although I no longer use torrents (I have been converted to Newsgroups (Full speed download - No Upload ;) ) I still have a look around torrent sites now and again and still a member of many sites. I just heard the rumour from TorrentFreak and Slyck.com:

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-shut-down-by-cria-070925

But after looking at it again just now after your post werth - they are now saying it is hardware failure and I found this:

http://www.thecircuitbox.com/demonoid/

Still doesn't work for me though and loads of other people ..... are you sure it's still working for you mate?

heartsfan

• NoBS|Administrator
  • Major

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »
werth: did you see the message on Demonoid yesterday before it went offline again - seems TorrentFreak were right:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downtime

We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and we need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this.

Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw this here:
http://slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38237