Author Topic: No dedicated servers for MW2  (Read 24050 times)

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
Re: No dedicated servers for MW2
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »
It looks bad overall since the game wont be the same.. and yea there are rumors about monthly fee. but again this all is just rumors.. but a monthly fee wtf? is this wow?

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

damnit dirt stop being a mexicant and start being a mexiCAN

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
    • Facebook Profile:)
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 07:15:31 PM »
It looks bad overall since the game wont be the same.. and yea there are rumors about monthly fee. but again this all is just rumors.. but a monthly fee wtf? is this wow?

seriously?  ......

source pls.

Vlad - "Evil, you're in my way."
Evil - "I was camping here first."

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 07:22:18 PM »

seriously?  ......

source pls.

hhmm smitty posted a link somewhere to a post in bashhandslash too lazy to look for it since there are 300 threads about this but in that site u will get all the facts about it since it was in their podcast all this crap was announced

...just a quick question..but ar eyou alt-tabbing and using same pc? if so.. please stop..

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »

seriously?  ......

source pls.

hhmm smitty posted a link somewhere to a post in bashhandslash too lazy to look for it since there are 300 threads about this but in that site u will get all the facts about it since it was in their podcast all this crap was announced

lol
ok

I don't remember a monthly fee being discussed, but ok :)

DirtOne

• NoBS|Member
  • General

• The Noob Admin

• Personal Text
    Death Cab For Dirty
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »

seriously?  ......

source pls.

lol
ok

it mayhave been somewhere else i dont remenber but all i kno its that a montly fee is also a RUMOR, like this whole thing.. let me check where i got it from

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 07:32:50 PM »

seriously?  ......

source pls.

lol
ok

it mayhave been somewhere else i dont remenber but all i kno its that a montly fee is also a RUMOR, like this whole thing.. let me check where i got it from

it's all speculation now, but no Dedi servers is pretty much confirmed.  the podcast has an IW staff there.

Veni Vidi Vici

• Sergeant

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=107652&sid=493e4913cac2979c521877de101050f5

they is stil no confirmation yet!!

I think the mods on the forum deleting all the threads about it, thats confirmation enough. lol

Lol...yup...that confirmed it for me.  They are deleting everything on the forum.  All of the petitions keep getting deleted too...at least that's what the posters there are saying.

If people keep up with the shit storms, I think IW might rethink their strategy and perhaps offer dedi's later on in a patch or something.  Then again, I'm sure IW has invested a ton of money into this IWNET system and I don't think they're going to just drop it.

All that extra money they "invested" would be coming from that extra $10 price tag on the game, to support there servers. Dont be surprised one bit if a monthly fee comes along somewhere, as well as $$ for DLC.

That's extreme.  Come on.  There will be no monthly fee.  Steam doesn't even have a yearly fee.  There will be no fee.  DLC.....maybe. 

I know DLC for xbox is usually pushed for a fee by Microsoft, NOT the developer, etc.

IWnet shouldn't be all that bad.  I know there will be little-no modding, maps, etc.  But it's shouldn't be that bad.

We have NO IDEA how good or bad it will be until we get our hands on it.  period.

Hey there Cha-Cha-Cha-ChayCh-eye,

I have a really bad feeling about how IWNET is going to perform.  It's entirely local host driven so it's basically just like Xbox Live where someone hosts the game and everyone runs off that persons bandwidth.  Along with not having nearly as many players as we are used to on PC, the host usually has an unfair advantage(zero lag) and everyone else usually has lag to deal with.  The lag may not be horrible, but I'm kinda spoiled in that regard.  I usually don't play on a server if my ping is over 100.  The lag would be worse than that. 

To me, if it's anything like Xbox Live, the game is ruined.  I freely admit I've become a Lag Snob.  If someone has a "lag advantage" and the rest have to deal with aiming a little ahead of your enemy, I don't want any part of it.

I was planning on buying the game.  Now I'll pirate it and play the single player and see if it's possible to play spec op over Hamachi or something.

I recommend everyone check out Bad Company 2 that's coming to the PC in March. 

<a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battlefield-moments-battlefield-bad/57023" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.gametrailers.com/video/battlefield-moments-battlefield-bad/57023</a>

Looks and sounds great, plays like BF, WILL HAVE DEDI. SERVERS!

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
VENIIIII!!

lol

Lan>Dedi>XBL....we all know

host does not have 0 lag.  They do have a slight advantage. NOT game tipping.  There are ways to give host to people in private games.  Who cares who has host in pubs....srssly?  Also, IWnet will look for the best host as well.....

XBL isn't the shaft...come on....

Private servers we can give host to people.

Evilgenius

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »
it will all be ok my children for i will give ye hope. ye will have dedi.

i know this because i personally had the VP of IW at my house...

this is part of a convo me and him had earlier...

me: it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again..

VP: Q.Q ok ok ill give you dedi!!!!!!!

your welcome cod world

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »
it will all be ok my children for i will give ye hope. ye will have dedi.

i know this because i personally had the VP of IW at my house...

this is part of a convo me and him had earlier...

me: it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again..

VP: Q.Q ok ok ill give you dedi!!!!!!!

your welcome cod world

lol You've got the power!!!

vonDuTch

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    No Bullshit Clan
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:26 AM »
there wil be dedi servers for sure, especially when IW sees what the hell happend to the preorders

Major Chachi

• General

• I Iz FailFace!

• Personal Text
    Pwning noobs since NES
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:58 AM »
there wil be dedi servers for sure, especially when IW sees what the hell happend to the preorders

lets hope!

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 12:46:27 AM »

hard to say if they will care enough to do something about it. having sales from 2 consoles certainly puts them in a comfy spot no matter what really.

Quote from: smitty1258
i was expecting more white sauce i guess

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 07:55:50 AM »

hard to say if they will care enough to do something about it. having sales from 2 consoles certainly puts them in a comfy spot no matter what really.

Not only this, but just think of all the noobs(console kids and noob pc gamers alike) that have no idea of whats even happening here, with the game, with dedicated servers.
There sales will still be strong for console, and I would be willing to bet, still somewhere in the range of 60%-80% as strong as normal for PC sales. Sad cold hard truth. There are just to many casual gamers out there, that have no clue that the dedicated servers they play on, are actually run by a person and or clan. So to them, its no big deal, IW still pockets there money plus an extra $10 for the game. So in the end, they still make the difference. oh and also.................

6 months from now when the community demands new maps, because there are no MOD tools for community members to make maps with(such as bridge) They will make the maps, have no fear, they will make them. Just dont be shocked when you see it costs you $10-$20 for 3 maps, and some new weapon skins.

So now your $60 game, just added $10-$20 in value, right? Oh wait, you need more maps? You need promod? You need TWL, "sorry community, it takes our developers time to make these things on our glorious IW.net(sorry for the outage last week this whole server hosting is new to us but lube will be in the mail for everyone) and time is money right? Please deposit another $15 to continue playing MW2.\

Again, thanks but no thanks......

BF BC2 here Comes the MASSIVE PC Gamer population. And in all honesty, COD series hasnt been the same since UO/COD2.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 09:19:07 AM »

Not only this, but just think of all the noobs(console kids and noob pc gamers alike) that have no idea of whats even happening here, with the game, with dedicated servers.
There sales will still be strong for console, and I would be willing to bet, still somewhere in the range of 60%-80% as strong as normal for PC sales. Sad cold hard truth. There are just to many casual gamers out there, that have no clue that the dedicated servers they play on, are actually run by a person and or clan. So to them, its no big deal, IW still pockets there money plus an extra $10 for the game. So in the end, they still make the difference. oh and also.................

6 months from now when the community demands new maps, because there are no MOD tools for community members to make maps with(such as bridge) They will make the maps, have no fear, they will make them. Just dont be shocked when you see it costs you $10-$20 for 3 maps, and some new weapon skins.

So now your $60 game, just added $10-$20 in value, right? Oh wait, you need more maps? You need promod? You need TWL, "sorry community, it takes our developers time to make these things on our glorious IW.net(sorry for the outage last week this whole server hosting is new to us but lube will be in the mail for everyone) and time is money right? Please deposit another $15 to continue playing MW2.\

Again, thanks but no thanks......

BF BC2 here Comes the MASSIVE PC Gamer population. And in all honesty, COD series hasnt been the same since UO/COD2.

Ya, the true reason for doing this can only be for DLC support to rake in more money. After seeing how xbox numbers did using DLC to assrape people, it's not much wonder why they would want to do something like this. if you toss in what 402 said in the past,
"What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen / cracked CD keys of pirated copies (and that was only people playing online)," he posted under the heading "They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More."

Makes even more sense they would try to control online pc gaming more...they may have thought the backlash would be less though.

Also, IW probably made well over $2,000,000, with just the map pack DLC for xbox360...As of summer 2008, they had sold 1.5 million copies of the map pack @ $10 each
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:39:12 AM by Sounds »

Quote from: smitty1258
i was expecting more white sauce i guess