Author Topic: Stuff to fix on server  (Read 6500 times)

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

Stuff to fix on server
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
-Ammo clip(red & max ammo)(weaponcontrol.cfg ammo limit)
-Flag indicators(gametypes.cfg)
-nobs admin throw you nade further next time
-WMDs
-Damage from planes crashing, etc
-Line numbers(custom.str)
-Drop weapon on arm hit needs turned off(playercontrol.cfg)
-blood splatter needs turned off(playercontrol.cfg)
-turn off dead body sink
-set tracers lower(ambientfx)(maybe only for s&d?)(ambient.cfg) went from 10 to 5
-spawn time(might have to change in gametypes.cfg has different spawn times for each gametype)
-change/fix teamkill stuff
-turn off all music(miscfeatures.cfg)
-fall damage modifiers if havent been fixed(miscfeatures.cfg)
-Change teamkill to be more like AWE for all gametypes(tk killed 3 times then damage goes to yourself after those 3)
-Get rid of the extreme+ logo in the left hand corner on the main menu.(possibly delete the corresponding iwi file)
-fix smoke kill cam color if possible
-Weapon selection more like AWE + pistol on secondary can actually choose pistol for prim and sec weapon(can change)
-fix xfire/esc weapon loss
-Start of game, nobs nobs server
-Clock color
-S&D Spawning(new joins have trouble joining a team)
-Make the dead bodies disappear faster.
-The stats are sometimes messed up with names going past the bottom.
-smoke/frag grenade loadout
-check regeneration/damage set to 99999 delay
-fix weapon loadout's(still orange, not a big deal)(in main iwd, under weapons/mp, must change all 999's to stock values, have fun with that one)
-add win music for axis/allies to main iwd

Quote from: smitty1258
i was expecting more white sauce i guess

TheArmy

• Lieutenant

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:51:00 PM »
I don't know if this is possible but instead of having the ranking system restarted after each map it would be cool if the ranking system reflected each players actual stats on the server.  So for example every thousandth kill you go up in rank.  Something like that would be really cool.  I think the ranking system as it is now is pretty lame and in my opinion should just be removed unless we could do what I'm recommending.  What you guys think?

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
Quote from: "TheArmy"
I don't know if this is possible but instead of having the ranking system restarted after each map it would be cool if the ranking system reflected each players actual stats on the server.  So for example every thousandth kill you go up in rank.  Something like that would be really cool.  I think the ranking system as it is now is pretty lame and in my opinion should just be removed unless we could do what I'm recommending.  What you guys think?

I think that would be awesome! However its not an option in the mod, I think if you posted on the xtreme forums, they are taking personal requests!

http://www.extremecod2.com/
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

Quote from: Baim
not even pentium 1 billion will improve YOUR skills :)
Quote from: Evilgenius
* Evilgenius pulls out his cock to compare

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• "See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 07:06:09 AM »
ok

now that the server is up, what else do you need fixed?

Ima work on the map rotation here in a bit.

EDIT:I have a rought map rotation done. One that will at least get us started.

joel,
I cannot get the map rotation to execute on xcomm my parameters for my target was "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\CoD2MP_s.exe" +set fs_game nobs +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

I know its ganna be a bit diff with xcomm, but i still cant get it to work, and the Rcon is not working either.

See if you cant find out why.

I have updated the rotation cgf in xcomm, but none of that is working.
A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert.

aladouche

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:08:51 AM »
army that is a great idea.  i've never seen anything like it... except in BF, but not COD

Xecuter2

• Sergeant

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »

I like that idea a lot
Processors change weekly/monthly
i3 530 4.3ghz 1.38v
6gb 1680 9-9-9 1.4v
2 x wd320 single platter Raid0
4870 512 POS @ 800/1000

Anonymous

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 09:58:20 PM »
1) Make the dead bodies disappear faster.
2) The stats at the end of the round only show the top 4 scores. Either have it show everyone's score or only show the names of the top 4. The way it is now the players who don't make top 4 still get listed but they overlap stuff. I suggest to just show the names of the top 4 players in each category and the scores of those players.
Let me know if and when these issues are resolved.

Anonymous

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 10:03:36 PM »
guest is army having trouble signing in so let me know

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »
ya, im not sure what is causing that, but i did notice it.

we also need to fix the dead tags in the tab scoreboard

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:12:02 PM »
smoke/frag grenade loadout

TheArmy

• Lieutenant

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 11:25:49 PM »
I just want to offer my help.  I am available to help with anything regarding the server.  If there is a job that needs to be done let me know.  I'd like to have at least one responsibility so I can feel like I'm actually helping out the server.  Thanks.

smitty1258

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

• Personal Text
    pwning sounds!
    • No Bullshit!
Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »
pls ppl add what you see needs to be fixed

TheArmy

• Lieutenant

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 12:47:08 AM »
Just something that I noticed.  My fps is significantly worse on this server than it was on ER and my settings have not changed.  I know my computer might not be so great, but I think part of it may have to do with the mod and the amount of effects like dust on smoke we have running.  I also believe that marine was complaining a little about this too.

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 04:10:36 AM »
Just something that I noticed.  My fps is significantly worse on this server than it was on ER and my settings have not changed.  I know my computer might not be so great, but I think part of it may have to do with the mod and the amount of effects like dust on smoke we have running.  I also believe that marine was complaining a little about this too.

disabled fire and fog blocks dust is already disabled. see if that helps any.

Sounds

• NoBS|Administrator
  • General

Stuff to fix on server
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 02:11:22 PM »
bump for tyler