No Bullshit Clan

Gaming Chat => Call Of Duty Series => Call Of Duty 6 => Topic started by: DirtOne on December 16, 2009, 08:51:20 AM

Title: Good News I guess!
Post by: DirtOne on December 16, 2009, 08:51:20 AM
Communications director Robert Bowling says dedicated servers for desktop edition still out, news on official custom maker tools may come soon.

It initially appeared as if Infinity Ward had tripped a claymore among the PC community with the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Just a few weeks before launch, the Activision-owned studio announced a console-esque online multiplayer matchmaking service for the PC edition, one that denied desktop gamers the ability to operate dedicated servers or create custom mods.

Infinity Ward may soon deploy PC mod tools.

And while desktop gamers vehemently voiced their opposition to the move, the PC edition of Modern Warfare 2 went on to sell more during its opening week than the original Modern Warfare did on the same platform in total. Still, Infinity Ward appears to be taking steps to appease PC gamers still irate over the issue.

In a post to his Twitter feed, Infinity Ward director of communications Robert Bowling said that while player-run servers are still out, information concerning official mod tools may be forthcoming. "Nothing on dedicated servers, but there may be some mod tools news coming in the future, I'll pass it along once I have it," he wrote.

Beyond his Twitter feed, Bowling noted that more information on the status of Modern Warfare 2, including known issues and in-progress fixes, can be found in a new, currently vacant section of Infinity Ward's forums. For more on Modern Warfare 2, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: vonDuTch on December 16, 2009, 08:57:36 AM
lol, mod tools.......
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: Jackal on December 16, 2009, 06:31:35 PM
seems the pc community is fail at not buying the damn thing. what a bunch of ruhtards.
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: DirtOne on December 16, 2009, 07:26:17 PM
lol, mod tools.......

i thought the same.. but then i thought why release mod tools if there arent dedicated servers to test/play the mods.. soo maybe they have something in the oven
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: Vlad on December 16, 2009, 08:24:05 PM
I heard dedicated servers re coming out in a patch on January 11th
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: NoBS|Thirsty on December 16, 2009, 09:33:26 PM
I heard dedicated servers re coming out in a patch on January 11th

Yep thats what i heard too.....
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: Knott on December 17, 2009, 12:38:06 AM
thats an IW rumor started by IW to fuck with you
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: vonDuTch on December 17, 2009, 02:08:34 AM
you think......i heard the same damn thing, we will see next year who is wrong or right....

btw: why the release mod tools when there are no dedis to test, and do you guys think IW dosnt know what the teckno ppl are doin

there wil be dedis, i just know it!!

thats an IW rumor started by IW to fuck with you
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: Major Chachi on December 17, 2009, 03:05:47 AM
thats an IW rumor started by IW to fuck with you

rofl....

Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: smitty1258 on December 17, 2009, 08:00:59 AM
I heard dedicated servers re coming out in a patch on January 11th

wheres your source for this? Im pretty sure unless you have a legit source that this jan 11th date is bullshit. Just look at the online steam numbers.
They wont release dedicated server patch BECAUSE when the first edition of DLC is released, they want you all that bought the game to pay out $10 for new maps and shiz.
Secondly you still can have mod tools and release it, and have users create new maps and such, and it would be hosted the same way it is now, matchmaking, from the hosts computer, and in this case all players would have to DL the map before joining the server, from an out of game host.

Basically what is happening is this. IW/AV want the community to make new maps, and mods so that they can use them for there first DLC, and turn a profit from this.
Sound familiar?

teknogods dedicated server stuff, doesnt even seem to be true to be honest. They have shown no proof other than a dedi console screenshot, which could have easily been photoshoped, but other than that they have shown us nothing, and continue to show nothing with no updates. Could have all been a publicity stunt to get more traffic to there website, which has worked. Only time will really tell, but for having a working dedicated server nearly a month ago, it sure is taking them a long time to release it...............

And I agree the boycott was uber fail. Way to really show em how we feel PC community..........
Title: Re: Good News I guess!
Post by: Evilgenius on December 17, 2009, 12:35:49 PM
i would bet if teknogods or someone else do happen to get dedis to work then IW will release a patch to support them.

just my opinion